Saturday, June 14, 2008

Compassionate

I've gained yet another lesson of life..
Learning to be compassionate..
Today, I've participated in a blood donating programme at Tesco..
I walked around, holding posters, asking people to donate blood.
At first, the result was very disappointing, they just ignored me.
But I still persevered and I smiled and nodded.
After some time, results rolled in.
Many people were interested and I feel like I've done something good and charitable.
After that, I went to help at the counter.
There, blood donaters were given a cup of Milo, a certificate acknowlodging his or her help, a badge as a souvenier and a bag containing of bread, water packets and an apple as compliments for their donation.
I was touched when a person refused the bag of food, saying, "I think some people out there needs it more than I do."
He was referring to the victims of earthquake that struck Shezuan and Myanmar.
Some people felt weak and nearly fainted after donating a pint of blood. One of them smiled and said, "I've saved at least a life, and that's the least I could do now."
In a short duration of time, 82 people had volunteered to donate blood.
We were very touched and we thoroughly respect them.
Thank you for your donation! ^^

No comments: